Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Friend Tale

Friends make life infinitely better, funnier and far-more epic. I grew up with a close group of friends, that were inseparable, we still keep in contact from time to time. As long as I remember I always tried to make friends sinse I came to california. High school was an easy time to make friends, but after graduation I lost contact with half of the people I used to talk to in High School. I used to feel like a bit of a loner in college but it wasn't all bad. I was working and I was helping at home with my parents so I guess I kept busy.

The friends that I now have I've met in different moments/ points in my life, thats why they're so important to me. I met my friend Debrea in a scary point in my life. I was taking the public bus by myself for the first time, you may think that's no big deal, but if you are a person that just came from another country and you just know the area where you live it can become the scariest thing in the world. I met Debrea aka "Bree" while riding the bus to school. It was the first day of class in my fall Semester at college and it was my first time ridding the public bus alone. I was mostly scared because I didn't know what to expect but as I sat there nervously on the bus waiting to reach my next stop a kind hearted young girl came up to me and just casually started to talk to me. She asked me if it was my first time on the bus to, and if I was going to college and what classes I was taking. Little did I know that during those bus rides I would begin forging a friendship thats still going strong to this day. I used to pray for a friend and remember feeling so happy when i finally found it doing something that at the time seemed so scary. We had an instant connection an quickly became friends. We were going to the same college, we both shared the same God and we became a big part of each others lives. Every time I think about our friendship I feel thankful to God for giving me the chance to have her support in all of the most important days of my life.

Long lasting friendships go beyond cultural boundries or ethnical backgrounds.To be honest I can't say that my friendship with Bree has been perfect, we've had our ups and downs, but we have worked through those hard times. I hope our friendship last many, many more years.

No comments :

Post a Comment